20 MAY 2016
Still undecided? Read Why Vote Leave!
Are you one of the millions of voters still undecided about the referendum? Are you waiting to hear a convincing case? Well don't panic! Read Dan Hannan's brilliant Why Vote Leave.
With characteristic eloquence, Hannan explains how the European project failed, why it can't succeed, and what Britain has to look forward to if we vote Leave, and take back control.
Here's a quick taste - first of all on what to expect if we stay:
- Economic decline: "One of the reasons that the EU is stagnating while other advanced economies grow is because cronyism and protectionism flourish in the necessarily undemocratic Brussels institutions."
- Oligarchy: "The democratic deficit isn't an accidental design flaw; it is intrinsic to the whole project."
- Corporatism: "Lobbyists love the EU, intuiting from the moment they arrive that it was designed by and for people like them."
- Powerlessness: "The UK has voted against an EU legislative proposal seventy times. She has lost the vote seventy times. No other country is so regularly isolated and outvoted."
- High risk: "A vote to stay will be a vote to be part of the continuing political, fiscal, and military integration of the EU. As we see that the euro and migration crises are deteriorating, that future can hardly be called risk-averse."
Alternatively, here's what we'll gain if we vote Leave:
- Lower taxes: Saving £19.6 billion a year in EU fees "would allow the entire country to get a 71% rebate in council tax."
- Less austerity: Between 2010 and 2015, "our gross contribution to the EU was £86 billion – more than twice as much as was saved by the austerity programme."
- More trade: "We'll recover our parliamentary sovereignty and, with it, the ability to sign bilateral trade agreements with non-EU countries."
- Greater prosperity: "The strongest case for voting leave is that it offers a better future... We'd be better off in the literal, financial sense."
- Control: "Britain would reassert the primacy of her own laws on her own soil... She would recover her seat at the global top tables."
Need more convincing? Get a copy!
Back to all posts