Are you looking for a best Jeep lift kit for highway driving? Your presence here indicates that you do. What it also makes clear is that you want your Jeep to look taller, offer an impressive ride on the highway, and capable of handling bigger and larger tires underneath it.
Apart from offering all of that, the best jeep lift kits for highway driving do not alter your Jeep’s suspension, which means they won’t take away your ride’s factory feel. Though what they would do is provide multiple inches of ground clearance to let you tower over other cars on the highway.
You can also count on lift kits to increase your Jeep’s appeal by making it more rugged looking. Provided that’s what you are looking for, here are some of the best lift kits for you to check out.
Best Jeep Lift Kits for Highway Driving
Rough Country 2.5’’ Suspension Lift Kit
The Rough Country 2.5’’ Suspension lift kit comes with everything you need to provide your Jeep with extra clearance. It offers 100% bolt-on installation to let you assemble it without any help. The materials used in this product’s manufacturing are rugged and can withstand the rigors of road life.
Much to the delight of many drivers, this lift kit doesn’t require you to replace stock shock springs and works alongside the factory ones. It levels the front of your Jeep with its rear side and provides an aggressive look which will help it stand-out on the street.
As for the contents of its kit, you get everything to assemble this unit on your product’s underbody. Apart from the front/rear coil spring spaces, its package includes brake line brackets, shock relocation brackets, rear sway bar links, rear track bar brackets, and other hardware.
- Full bolt-on installation
- Provides enough clearance to fit 35’’ tires
- Levels the front with the rear
- Won’t come cheap
Skyjacker (TJ401BPH) 4" Lift Pallet Kit
Drivers who have previously used Skyjacker products might be aware that this manufacturer takes pride in its 1-pack, 1-box package. That means that everything which is required to complete the job is included in the package of all Skyjacker products. Luckily, this 4’’ lift pallet kit isn’t any different.
But before we turn our attention to the contents of this lift, it would be a disservice to this product if we don’t stop and admire its red finish. True, you won’t be able to notice it as it would be hidden in the vehicle’s underbody, but we felt that its classic design deserved a mention.
On towards more practical (and noticeable) features, and the twin-tube shock absorbers come into play. They work in tandem with the factory suspension of your vehicle to suss-out on/off-road vibrations. But for its installation – which is hugely time-consuming, we didn’t find any fault with this lift kit.
- High-quality Hydro 7000 shocks included
- Provides excellent value for money
- Looks great
- Time-consuming installation
TrueTwo Jeep Wrangler JK 2.5 Inch Coil Spacer Suspension Lift Kit
Given the fact that it only fits under Jeep Wrangler, the TrueTwo lift kit isn’t as versatile as some of the other products in this review. That, if you ask us, is an excellent thing from the perspective of Jeep Wrangler drivers as its lack of versatility has kept this model’s asking price in a budget.
Provided you drive a Jeep Wrangler, you might appreciate that this lift kit doesn’t require stock isolators to offer up to 2 inches of lift. That’s a huge advantage to have once one considers that the majority of drivers would settle for this clearance.
The sturdiness of this lift kit is another way it belies its meager price tag. It is constructed using lifetime grade polyurethane which is famous for keeping rust and corrosion at bay. Also, those of you with a little craftsmanship can be able to install its front and rear spacers in a jiffy.
- Won’t disturb the Jeep’s handling
- Made of durable components
- Supplied instructions are basic
Rough Country 3" Lift Kit
Drivers who have previously installed bolt-on lift kits can testify about the straightforwardness of the entire installation process. They’d also tell you that without any welding, they were able to assemble the lift in their garage. The Rough Country 3’’ Lift Kit, due to its bolt-on installation, offers all these benefits.
Unfortunately, just because it can be installed in your garage doesn’t mean that you might be the best person to do it. As long as you don’t have expert knowledge, you’d need an expert hand to assemble this unit in your vehicle’s underbody. As its spring compressor has the potential to frustrate newbies.
Its package contains shock absorbers which will enhance your Jeep’s on- and off-road performance. The way it levels the front of your Jeep with the rear leaves no chance of any misalignment. Its fabricated rear lift blocks are durable and last longer than their cast iron counterparts.
- Has a lifetime replacement warranty
- Strong and durable rear lift blocks
- Gives your Jeep a more aggressive appearance
Rubicon Express 3.5’’ Short Arm Lift Kit
Similar to other short arm lift kits from this manufacturer, this 3.5’’ lift kit is designed for those Jeep enthusiasts who want to retain their vehicle’s factory mounting locations. Its Super-Flex system, however, doesn’t believe in leaving things as it is.
That’s a good thing if you ask us. Or else, the improvements which this lift kit introduces in ride quality and performance wouldn’t have been possible. Also, by providing up to 3.5 inches of clearance, it lets you install those large tires underneath your Jeep which have been sitting in your garage for ages.
Lastly, to further sweeten the deal, the package of this lift kit is bursting to the seams with useful parts. In addition to the adjustable upper and fixed lower control arms, the kit contains spherical ball joints, extended bump stops, replacement lift springs, and longer front and rear stainless steel brake lines.
- Offers 3.5’’ of clearance
- Covered under lifetime warranty
- Enhances ride quality
- Not the best for rough terrains
Rough Country 3.5" Lift Kit
Rough Country always claims that its lift kits always give the perfect blend of style, protection, and performance. This 3.5’’ Lift Kit shows how. It comes with factory tune coil springs that work alongside your Jeep’s shock absorbers to enhance your ride quality.
Then come the control arm drop bracelets and coil correction plates. Both of them help your vehicle work at an optimum geometry after it has been lifted. This allows your Jeep to function more efficiently, which means that neither its balance nor its fuel consumption will go out.
Saving its best for the last, the Premium N3 shock absorbers perform precisely as their name implies they would. Just like the shock absorbers of your Jeep, but a tad better, they take care of road vibrations regardless of whether you are on- or off-roading on any given day.
- Backed by a lifetime warranty
- Factory tuned coil springs
- N3 series shock absorbers
- Doesn’t come with break line extensions
Rubicon Express RE6160 2" Budget Kit for Jeep XJ
Do you have an older Jeep which is still going strong? But you don’t want to spend much on increasing its clearance? If that’s indeed the case, that there are far worse options out there on the market that this 2’’ Budget Kit by Rubicon Express.
Its pocket-friendly price tag doesn’t mean that this lift kit doesn’t come with all the tools you’d need to get it up and running. You get twin-tube shocks, center pin, multiple coil spring spacers as well as rear brake lines in its package. That means that everything you need to assemble it is in there.
Lastly, provided your stock shocks aren’t performing as well as they did years ago, we recommend you replace them with the premium twin-tube shock absorbers that arrive in this kit. Or else, you will miss out on the smoother, improved ride that these absorbers offer.
- Sits alongside vehicle factory parts
- Works best for older models
- Bargain price, good quality
- 30’’ tires are the maximum it can support
Jeep 4" JK Wrangler Unlimited Full Suspension Lift kit
First things first, you’ve to be careful while selecting this suspension lift kit. Its coil springs are 2door and 4door specific, so make sure to select one which complements your Jeep. Though, regardless of their difference, both will give your Jeep a 4’’ lift while maintaining the factory style ride.
The front adjustable track bar which comes in this lift kit’s package helps in the proper centering of the front axle. Its cam washers correct the front end alignment on their own. Also included are rear extended sway bar links that work alongside urethane brushings to reduce body roll.
Also included in the package is a rear track bar relocation system. It aids the lift kit in its quest to center its axle under your JK Wrangler correctly. You also get 2’’ bump stop extensions and brake line relocation brackets which allow for the increase in wheel travel.
- Urethane bushings reduce body roll
- Axle perfectly centers under your JK
- Cam washers correct front end alignment
- Requires you to replace factory wheels
JKS 9904 1-1/4" Body Lift System for Jeep TJ
Do you want to lift your vehicle just a little bit? Unsure what all the fuss about lifted vehicles is about but still want to take a careful plunge? That means two things. You don’t need any of the abovementioned models in this review. But you could do with this 1 ¼’’ body lift system.
How can we be so sure about the second point? Because we know that this lift kit is designed for beginners who want the added clearance to enhance their Jeep’s looks. Another reason why we’re so sure is that this lift kit requires little modification: brakes, full-tank, radiator, and ac all remain intact.
For a lift that guarantees an ultra-secure installation, it is simple to fit. The urethane formulation of its supports – the parts which fit between the OE body mounts and vehicle body – ensures that they won’t weaken under duress. Also, its assembling won’t take more than a couple of hours.
- Guarantees ultra-secure installation
- Requires little modifications
- Competitively priced
- Won’t provide enough lift to excite enthusiasts
Supreme Suspensions Full Lift Kit for 1997-2002 Jeep Wrangler
The Supreme Suspensions Full Lift Kit provides you plenty of reasons to fit it underneath your Jeep Wrangler. It offers 2’’ of ground clearance, gives you the freedom to install bigger tires (up to 35’’), and lends your Jeep those aggressive looks, which will make it the envy of the onlookers.
Aside from that, it boasts a Delrin build which keeps rust and corrosion at bay and empowers this lift kit to withstand the toughest of conditions. Its bolt-on installation, meanwhile, lets you take advantage of all that it has to offer after expending only a few hours on installation.
Lastly, apart from maintaining the weight of your truck, this lift kit evenly distributes the same. You can also count on it to protect your bank balance – as it doesn’t force you to replace your Jeep’s factory shock absorbers. Though you’d still have to realign your wheels after its installation.
- Easy and secure bolt-on installation
- Comes with high-density rear spring spacers
- Gives you the freedom to fit larger wheels and tires
- Won’t provide enough lift to excite enthusiasts
Best Jeep Lift Kit for Highway Driving – Buying Guide
Here’s what you should look for when finding the best Jeep lift kit for Highway Driving:
Type of lift kit
Here are the three types of lift kits:
1. Suspension Lift Kit
Provided you want a high-performance lift upgrade, you should settle for nothing but suspension lift kit for your Jeep. These kits offer new frame components, coils, shocks, steering parts, and even sway bars if you are after a more severe lift.
Suspension lift kits are further available in three types:
- Spring Over Axle: These lift kits aren’t specially made for highway driving as the clearance that they provide makes them more suitable for enthusiastic rock crawlers. Also, spring-over-axle kits are pretty expensive.
- Shackle Reverse: The shackle reverse kits can be used both on highways as well as off-road terrains. That’s because while they provide less articulation than spring over axle kits, it is still more than the one on offer by the next suspension lift kit on our list.
- Lifted spring: If you always drive your Jeep on highways and have no desire to test its limits on grueling off-road terrains, then lifted spring lift kits are the best bet for you. They don’t provide as much clearance as the other two types but are still a cinch to install.
2. Leveling Lift Kit
In contrast to suspension lift kits whose primary purpose is to give your Jeep extra lift, leveling lift kits will level your 4x4 from front to rear. Drivers who have been using the same Jeep for years can turn to these kits to get rid of the ‘raked’ look of their vehicle.
Leveling lift kits are further available in three types:
- Coil Spring Spacers: Depending on your convenience, you can attach the coil spring spacers both to the top of your Jeep’s spring bucket or at its bottom. If you can afford to pay a bit extra, you can get coil spring spacers with bump stock relocation.
- Torsion Bar Keys: Torsion bar keys let you adjust the height of your Jeep’s front suspension. It’s a handy feature to have if you have a jeep which is higher in the back. That means that the main advantage these kits provide is to let you match your Jeep’s front and rear in height.
- Strut Extension: As their name implies, ‘strut’ extension lift kits put a spacer on either the top or the bottom of your Jeep’s factory strut to increase its clearance by a few inches without requiring you to replace the struts on your vehicle.
3. Body Lift Kit
There are three things that you can expect from body lift kits. First, due to their peculiar construction, these kits can lift your Jeep by 2 to 7 inches from the chassis. Second, and this feature stems from the first, Jeeps with body lift kids can accommodate tires up to 33 inches.
And finally, because the clearance that they provide is limited, body lift kits won’t interfere with your vehicle’s factory settings. When compared with the other two lift kits, it is inexpensive, but one obvious downside of the body lift kit is the gap it leaves between your vehicle’s bed and the cab.
Following are the features that you should demand to have in your lift kit:
- Easy to install: As stated earlier, while some lift kits are easy to install, others may require a helping hand. If you ask us, we recommend going for a pricier kit that you can install on your own – as it will save you on mechanic labor.
- Tire Size: Assuming you want to fit 35’’ tire beneath your Jeep, you’d need a kit that can provide as much as a 3’’ lift. What you also have to make sure is that the kit lifts both the front and rear end of your Jeep equally.
- Heavy-duty construction: Even though your lift kit isn’t going to see heavy-off road use often, you’d still want it to withstand the rigors of the road. For this season, steer away from products that contain cheap parts or poor fitment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How much should I lift my Jeep?
A: While it is entirely your choice, you might want to remember that if you want to lift your Jeep higher than 3 inches, you’re going to spend more money on modifications and gear to keep getting the factory suspension and stability.
Q: Do leveling kits hurt your Jeep?
A: Provided they’re installed correctly and made of heavy-duty parts, there is no reason why installing leveling kits will hurt your Jeep.
Q: Do you need an alignment after leveling kit?
A: Of course. Since you’re modifying the suspension of your Jeep, you would want its wheels to be realigned after installing a lift kit.
Q: Do lift kits affect the gas mileage of Jeep?
A: Since they force the replacement of existing tires with bigger or larger ones, lift kings will affect the fuel economy of your Jeep.
Q: Can you remove a lift kit after installation?
A: Yes, you can undo a lift kit. But you might have to realign the Jeep after its removal. Also, if the clearance provided by the lift was under 2 inches, the wheels, as well as the tires, might need to be replaced.
Whether you want to enhance the looks of your Jeep, increase its clearance to fit larger tires and wheels underneath it, or just want to have a bird’s eye view of the road, the best Jeep Lift kits for highway driving given in this review will let you do all of that.