Anyone tried Fuel Rims on their F150? Looking for advice!

Haha, sounds like a win-win! Anyone had experience with aftermarket lug nuts? I’ve heard they can make a difference.

3 Likes

Jennifer42, I swapped to locking lug nuts for added security. They fit perfectly with my Fuel Rims. Just ensure they’re compatible before buying; otherwise, you might be in for a surprise!

4 Likes

Exactly! It’s always better to check compatibility first. I’m glad to see everyone sharing such practical advice here. It really helps!

I’ve enjoyed reading all these tips! Investing some time in maintenance really pays off. Plus, it makes you feel good seeing your truck shine with those Fuel Rims!

7 Likes

I’ve been using Fuel rims on my F150 for over a year now. The handling improved significantly, especially on turns. The lighter rims really made a difference in responsiveness.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear, valeriewebb! Did you notice any change in fuel efficiency with the new rims?

I’ve also got Fuel rims on my F150. I felt that ride comfort actually decreased a bit; they look great but are slightly stiffer compared to stock rims. Worth it for the style though!

That’s an interesting point, walshsara. Aesthetics vs. comfort is always a tough balance. What size rims do you have?

I have 20-inch Fuel rims on mine, cwolfe. Your comment about comfort resonates—had to adjust my tire pressure to find that sweet spot for a smoother ride.

Fuel rims are indeed stylish but they can impact fuel economy. Be mindful of weight; lighter rims generally improve economy but it’s a trade-off with performance. Anyone tracking their fuel metrics?

3 Likes

I’ve logged mileage for a few months with the new rims. I saw an improvement of about 1-2 mpg, which is nice. But the ride feels more solid overall, too!

Nice! That’s a respectable gain, kevinmitchell. Did you have to change your tires too?

Yes, I switched to all-terrain tires, which might have helped a bit with gas mileage while maintaining grip! So, definitely consider the pairing of tires and rims.

That’s smart thinking, yfinley! Initially, I went with the stock tires but it’s clear I need to upgrade for the best performance.

Just remember, folks: lighter might be better but ensure the style fits your driving needs! Don’t want to end up with ‘look good, feel bad’ syndrome! :joy:

3 Likes