Looking for Insights on Yamaha YBR 125 in Venezuela

Common issues I’ve faced include electrical problems and a tendency for the kickstarter to jam. Anyone else experiencing similar?

Indeed! The electrical system can be finicky. I found that regular checks and avoiding aftermarket parts helps maintain performance.

I think the fuel efficiency of the YBR 125 is one of its best features. It really helps considering current fuel prices in Venezuela. Have you guys done any mods for better mileage?

I actually did a small modification to my carburetor, and it made a noticeable difference! I feel like I can go further on a tank now.

I’ve been lucky, my YBR has been pretty reliable. I always follow the maintenance schedule. Anyone skipped service and regretted it?

3 Likes

Totally! Skipping service cost me a lot in the long run! Remember, preventive maintenance is crucial to avoid bigger issues.

5 Likes

Just know that mechanics can have varying expertise. Be careful whom you trust with repairs. Anyone had experience with shoddy repairs?

6 Likes

Haha! I had a guy who thought he could fix anything. Let’s just say my bike spent more time in the shop than on the road!

1 Like

Finding good spare parts online is essential. I found some reliable suppliers on social media who ship them directly to me. Anyone else tried this?

5 Likes

Yes! Social media has been a lifesaver for parts! I never realized how many options I was missing before.

In the end, I think each owner’s experience can vary greatly. It’s worthwhile to exchange tips to improve our YBRs. What’s your funniest maintenance story?

I’ve been riding the Yamaha YBR 125 for a year now. It’s fantastic for city commuting due to its fuel efficiency of around 40 km/l. Comparable models like the Honda CG 125 are good too, but the YBR feels more refined.

That’s great to hear! I’ve been considering a bike for daily use. How does the comfort level compare to other models?

I’ve ridden both the YBR 125 and the CG 125. The YBR has a softer seat and feels more stable at higher speeds. The price difference is worth it for the added comfort.

That’s reassuring! What about maintenance costs? Are they high compared to other bikes?

Maintenance is manageable! Parts are readily available in Venezuela, and servicing is straightforward. I found my YBR very affordable to keep running compared to the Suzuki GN 125.

In terms of price, my YBR was about $1,500. The GN was slightly cheaper, but the quality difference is noticeable. It’s all about how you intend to use it.

3 Likes

Interesting! I’ve seen used models going for less. Are they reliable, or should I avoid older models?

As long as the maintenance records are good, older models can be reliable. I bought a used YBR 125 that runs great. Just check for major wear.

5 Likes

I prefer the YBR over other models because it just feels right on the road, especially when dodging potholes in Caracas! Anyone here compare it to the Bajaj Boxer?