What's the 0-60 Time for a 2012 Camaro V6?

Nice! What kind of tune did you go with? I’m curious what brands work best for our Camaros.

A cat-delete exhaust can also boost performance, but check your local laws first to avoid any issues.

Upgrading to a high-performance throttle body could also yield significant gains. It’s more effective than you’d think!

Absolutely! Wider tires do help. Also, a lighter wheel can improve your launch as well. Are you considering any specific size?

Too many people overlook the importance of weight reduction. Removing unnecessary interior components can also help with acceleration!

5 Likes

True, but we don’t want to turn it into a race car, right? A balance is key.

Don’t forget about the importance of the driver! Practice your launches to minimize wheel spin.

It’s funny how so many people underestimate driving skill. My friend with a stock V6 can smoke us because he knows how to launch!

What about forced induction? A supercharger could drastically improve your times, but it comes with a cost. Anyone considering that route?

5 Likes

I’ve definitely considered it, but I’m worried about reliability. Thoughts?

Hey, I’m also curious about this! I’ve been timing my 2012 Camaro V6 and I’m getting around 6.1 seconds from 0-60 under ideal conditions. Just clean asphalt, no wind!

I had similar results! On a good day, I got 6.0 seconds but that was with a cold engine and minimal fuel. This car can surprise you!

I’ve seen many claims about the 0-60 time. My 2012 V6 is around 6.5 seconds, but I think my weight reduction efforts are offset by the incline of my driveway.

Are you using any performance mods? I’d be interested to see how those affect the time.

I recently tested mine with a couple of friends in the passenger seat, and I hit 0-60 in 6.3 seconds. Not bad considering the extra weight!

Testing with passengers makes a huge difference! I once hit 6.2 seconds alone but 6.4 seconds with a buddy riding shotgun. No mods, just a stock model.

4 Likes

I plan to test mine soon. Do you think using premium fuel makes a difference? I’ve heard mixed opinions.

5 Likes

Using premium can help a bit with performance and engine response! Give it a try and let us know your times! :blush:

8 Likes

That makes sense! I’ll be making the switch before my next test.

I once tried launching from a standstill and managed a quick 5.8 seconds, but it was just once and pretty risky. Definitely not a regular feat.