Anyone know the average cost of a paint job at Maaco?

I’m curious, do you feel it was worth the extra cost?

Absolutely! I was thrilled with the quality, especially compared to my friend’s cheap job at another shop which faded quickly. Maaco’s work has held up well over the year.

I had a really poor experience during my visit. They rushed my job, and the paint started chipping within a month. It was just under $1,000 for me.

Ouch, that’s rough! Did you speak to a manager about it? Sometimes they can help if things go wrong.

Yes, I did! They offered to re-do it for free, but I was really apprehensive at that point. I decided to go elsewhere. Lesson learned!

5 Likes

I love my Maaco paint job! I paid around $900 for a basic run and it looks great. It’s all about setting expectations, I think.

That’s the key! How long has it been since you had it done? Any signs of wear?

It’s been over six months, and it’s holding up perfectly. No complaints! Definitely recommended for budget jobs.

I’ve seen some Maaco jobs that look fantastic, and others not so much. What gives? Seems hit-or-miss, honestly.

5 Likes

I think it depends a lot on the individual location or crew you get. Some are just way better than others.

2 Likes

Here’s a funny thought: maybe they paint cars with the same technique as finger painting! Just kidding… but I agree, quality really varies.

I’ve always been worried about paint jobs fading quickly. How often do you supplement your car’s paint maintenance after a budget job?

I do a wax every few months to keep the shine. It’s definitely worth it for a Maaco job!

Reflecting on this, I wish I would have done more research. Knowing what I know now could have saved me some hassle. Thanks for the tips!

8 Likes

Totally with you, randerson. It’s all about sharing experiences to guide others! Hope this thread helps more people out there.

2 Likes

Great discussion everyone! Your comments have really helped me weigh my options for a Maaco job. Appreciate the insights!

I recently got a quote from Maaco, and it was around $300 for a basic paint job. However, I discovered they often have promo deals, especially during the summer. Keep an eye out for those!

1 Like

That’s great to know! Any idea what kind of packages they offer during promo periods?

I heard if you get your car painted just before a holiday, like Memorial Day or Labor Day, you might score additional discounts.

5 Likes

That’s a solid tip! Any thoughts on how to choose between their service packages?

6 Likes