Looking for Recommendations on Quiet All Terrain Tires

I’ve tried the KO2 too, and while they’re good, I still noticed a bit of drone at higher speeds. It’s great for off-roading, though!

Interesting! What about the level of comfort on longer drives? Anyone have experience with that?

I’ve driven over 500 miles on the KO2s, and honestly, they can be a bit noisy after a while, especially at highway speeds. I would compare them to the Nitto Terra Grappler G2 in terms of comfort, which I found quieter.

8 Likes

Nitto Terra Grappler G2s are a solid choice! I found them quieter than the KO2s, especially on the highway, plus they grip well in wet conditions.

8 Likes

Has anyone considered the Falken Wildpeak AT3W? They’ve been touted as quiet all-terrains, and I’m curious about their performance over longer distances!

I have! They’re surprisingly quiet and offer great traction for both on-road and off-road. Perfect for mixed use!

7 Likes

I find tread pattern plays a significant role in noise. Does anyone know how the General Grabber ATX ranks in terms of noise on highways? I’m curious!

4 Likes

The Grabber ATX is decent but can get a bit loud at higher speeds. Compared to the Wildpeak, it’s not as quiet.

6 Likes

That’s good to know! Anyone have a unique experience with the noise cancellation features of any tires?

2 Likes

While tires don’t usually advertise noise cancellation, I have noticed my Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires are very quiet, especially for how aggressive they look.

Cooper has a good reputation. But can anyone tell me if they’re a wise investment for long-distance travel? I drive a lot on highway.

For long distances, they might not perform as well as expected. But they’re perfect for varied terrains, which is why I use them!

I’m also on the hunt for quiet all terrain tires for my Toyota RAV4. Any specific brands you all recommend that won’t break the bank?

You might want to check out the Michelin LTX A/T2. They’re known for their quiet ride and good mileage. Just make sure they fit your RAV4’s specs!

Install tips! Make sure to measure your wheel well before buying tires. The wrong size can lead to rubbing or worse!

Exactly! I’ve seen it happen too many times. Always consult your owner’s manual for the right sizes.

I recently installed Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws on my Jeep. Super quiet and handle well off-road. Alignment was key for performance though!

Good point! An alignment can really change how those tires perform, especially on rough terrain.

Have you considered road noise ratings? Some tires get good reviews but still end up loud on the highway.

That’s a great point! I’d prefer a quieter experience, especially on long drives.