Looking for Recommendations on Quiet All Terrain Tires

I’m in the market for new all-terrain tires, and one of my main priorities is finding a set that’s quiet on the highway. I love taking my vehicle off-road, but I also spend a lot of time driving on paved roads, and road noise can be pretty annoying during those drives.

What I’m Looking For:

• Quiet Operation: Any recommendations on tires that are known for being silent or having minimal road noise?
  • Off-Road Capability: They need to perform well in off-road conditions too, so any suggestions that strike a balance would be appreciated.
  • Brands and Models: If you’ve had a good or bad experience with a specific brand or model, please share your thoughts!

I appreciate any insights or experiences you can share. Thanks in advance!

I’m currently using the Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure tires. They’re impressively quiet on the highways and provide good traction on gravel. Anyone else had experience with these?

I’ve tried those too! They do perform well in wet conditions. I was surprised how well they handle mud considering they aren’t a mud-terrain tire.

For a quieter ride, the Michelin LTX A/T2 is fantastic. I’ve found them to have a great wear rate too, lasting much longer than other all-terrain tires I’ve used.

6 Likes

That’s interesting! How do they handle in off-road conditions?

I’ve found the all-terrain tires from Falken to balance noise and performance really well. The Wildpeak AT3W model has been good for my needs, especially for staying quiet while providing decent traction.

Good recommendation! I’ve looked at those but was concerned about their wear rate.

I’ve had good luck with the Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015. They offer a quiet ride and solid traction on various terrains. Definitely worth considering!

That’s a great option! How have they held up against wear over time?

The tires need to be balanced properly to maintain their quietness. Just had my alignment done, and it’s incredible how much it improved my ride with the BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2.

This is so true! I learned the hard way by avoiding regular maintenance. What’s the traction like on those?

7 Likes

Honestly, I found that traction on the BFG KO2s isn’t as good in deep snow compared to others. But for mixed conditions, they perform okay.

That’s good to know! It seems like it really depends on what kind of driving we’ll be doing.

6 Likes

I recently switched to the Nitto Terra Grappler G2, and I’m impressed! They are surprisingly quiet and provide excellent all-around performance for both on and off-road.

That sounds great! How’s the treadwear on those tires? I’m looking for something long-lasting.

For the most part, I’ve noticed decent treadwear. But if you’re heavily off-roading, you might want to keep an eye on it. All-terrain tires can wear faster with aggressive use.

That makes sense! It’s always a balancing act with tires. Tough to find the perfect combination.

I’m currently looking into the Michelin LTX A/T2. I’ve heard they offer a good balance of off-road capability and on-road noise reduction. Anyone else tried these?

I can confirm that! I’ve used the LTX A/T2 on my F150, and they handle highway driving quietly while still providing grip in the dirt.

Check out the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2. They are relatively quiet for an all-terrain tire, and they perform great on rugged surfaces. A solid choice!