Looking for Reviews and Tips on the 2006 Toyota Highlander V6

True, but I think it’s functional enough for everyday use. Plus, it has an option for an AUX cable!

The overall driving experience is smooth. I love how well it handles on different terrains, especially for an SUV.

Definitely! I took mine off-road once, and it was surprisingly capable. Not a Jeep, but still pretty good!

How is the fuel efficiency? I’ve heard mixed reviews about that aspect.

It’s not the best. I get around 18 MPG in the city and 24 on the highway, which isn’t terrible for a vehicle this size.

I love the Highlander’s reliability! I haven’t had any major issues after years of driving it. It’s well-built.

Absolutely! I think it can handle some rough driving, which is why I still trust it for my daily commute.

By the way, who knew a mid-size SUV could make you feel like a luxury sedan? I’ve been surprised by how plush it feels inside!

3 Likes

Haha, that’s so true! With all the features, it feels like a cozy living room on wheels.

I’m considering the 2006 Toyota Highlander V6 too! From what I’ve read, it offers about 20 mpg in the city and 26 on the highway. That’s pretty decent for an SUV of its age.

Those numbers are good! I’ve heard that maintenance costs are generally reasonable. I’ve only spent around $300 a year on average.

Fuel efficiency depends a lot on driving habits. I usually get around 22 mpg combined. Love the comfort, but my insurance rates are slightly higher. Anyone else notice that?

I’ve found that the insurance is manageable, but common issues like the head gasket can add to long-term costs. Keep an eye on that.

1 Like

For maintenance, I’ve had a pretty good experience! Just regular oil changes and tire rotations. Any common upkeep tips?

Absolutely! Regularly check the brakes and transmission fluid. Neglecting these can lead to bigger expenses down the line.

I love my Highlander! It’s been so reliable, but I do wonder about that fuel efficiency on longer trips. Does anyone have real-world experience?

1 Like

For long trips, I can usually stretch it to about 28 mpg if I keep a light foot. It’s all in how you drive!

What about the overall cost of ownership? I read that some owners experience higher-than-expected repair costs as they get older. Suggestions?

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve faced some expensive repairs! The key is to keep up with preventive maintenance to catch issues early.

Common issues aside, I think it’s worth it if you find a well-maintained model. Any funny repair stories?