Nowadays, due to the rush lifestyle and the tight schedule, we hardly have time to experience the feeling of relaxation. Just imagine that you are backing home in a crowded and polluted street, the noisy car horn mixed with harmful smoke from the cars and motorbikes’ exhaust systems, I’m pretty sure that all of those suck things will drive you crazy.
In that case, I assume that a bit of ear-catching music will cool down your stressed brain and freshen up your soul and mind. And of course, fine music will definitely come along with good – quality speakers. Hence, if you tend to buy a speaker, this article is perfectly written for you. In this article, I will recommend top 10 best mid range speakers car audio, review each product clearly and give you some useful and practical tips to choose the most suitable car speaker for you. I guarantee that you will get loads of beneficial information, so keep calm and reading the whole article.
Top 5 Component Mid Range Car Speakers
Component car speakers are car audio speakers that provide the best sound quality. Normally, they are provided by the high – end and prestigious audio manufacturers. Hence, if you tend to purchase fine speakers, you are better off searching for famous and long-established manufacturers’ product line. If you are in need of component car speakers, let take a look at our top 5 highly – recommended component car speakers:
1. Pioneer 5x7 / 6x8 Inch 4 – Way 350 Watt Car Stereo Speakers Four
- Product dimensions: 9 x 7.2 x 6.5 inches
- Item weights: 8 pounds
- RMS Power: 60 Watts Per Pair (30 Watts Per Speaker)
- Max Power: 350 Watts Per Pair (175 Watts Per Speaker)
- Each has 60 Watts RMS and 350 Watts as the maximum
- Multilayer Matrix cone material made of Mica mid – woofer
- Surround speaker made of Elastic Polymer
- Tweeter made of paper cone
- Top – mount depth: 2 – 3/8’’
With the smart design which fit almost types of car, Pioneer 4 – Way Speakers is super easy to install. In addition, it will make you completely satisfied because all aspect sounds better than the stock speakers which sounded flat and lacked dimension. Plus, they possess great bass for their size. What I love about it is that its price could fit every car owners’ pockets. Notably, if you want to have more extreme volume, you have to modify your car to fit the common size of the aftermarket speaker.
- It is effortless to install
- The sound is loud and clean
- The price is pretty budget - friendly
- There is nothing to complain about this awesome model.
On the whole, this speaker is worth purchasing as its sound goes beyond your expectation. This product is a huge improvement over the last models of Pioneers and even over the factory. If you are looking for quality, you should go for it.
2. Infinity PR6502IS 6.5 Inch 2 Way Car Speakers
- Product dimensions: 15 x 9 x 4 inches
- Item weight: 4 pounds
- 3-Ohm impedance for extra power
- Peak: 280 watts per pair/ 140 watts each
- RMS: 140 watts per pair/ 70 watts each
This product is a good option for replacement of inadequate factory speakers. It ranks 13th in the best sellers list in component speakers category on Amazon. This product is worth the purchase as it delivers awesome sound, great bass and highs. It is a great choice for all kinds of music.
Actually, Infinity PR6502IS is a “downgrade” version from the reference model that I used before. However, it is a better match for the low – power system that I’m using now. The main difference between this Primus speaker and other high – end models is a smaller crossover unit and tweeter.
- The sound is clear
- Its price is attractive, pretty suitable for who is on a budget
- The bass and highs are great
- The bass is slightly overpowering
- It doesn’t come with mounting hardware as the instructions stated
In conclusion, it is undeniable that Infinity PR6502IS’s quality is not as good as the rest in this list. However, if you are buying a fine speaker on a budget, this product is a potential candidate.
3. Rockford Fosgate PPS4-6 Punch PRO 6.5 Inch Single Mid – range 4Ohm Loudspeaker
- Item weight: 6.1 pounds
- Dimensions: 9.6 x 8.1 x 4.3 inches
- Wireless remote: No
- Depth: 2.5 inches
- Weight: 0.5 grams
- 6.50’’ 4 – Ohm loudspeaker in the midrange engineered for the high SPL conditions
- Fiber underpins paper with the high strength and treated W style surround
- All metal input spring terminal connection
If you are making use of the factory radio like me, a high – quality 8Ohm speaker will be a must-have item. But it’s very challenging to find a good 8 Ohm speaker in the market because it’s pretty rare. Hence, when I was shopping online, and I found out about this product, I was over the moon as finally, I could find a speaker that meets my requirement.
Even though it weighs only 0.5 grams and has a small size, Rockford Fosgate PPS4-6 could handle extreme power amount because it is specially designed for high sound pressure level. It is a fine speaker with highly clear and awesomely loud sounds. Especially, it could handle all types of music. No matter how you use it (in a mid-range speaker or a general component), it always hit your taste.
- Its clean and clear sound quality will completely convince you
- It can handle tremendous power
- A technology – used speaker is perfect for arena and stadium systems
- Its distinct features create a highly sensitive speaker
- This speaker will complete the great sound combo in your car
- The bass is moderate
- The push terminals are very annoying
In short, this out of the world speaker is worth your investment. In addition, Rockford Fosgate is the global leader in the audio field so you could be reassured about this product.
4. Bluetooth Car Kit Handsfree, Aigital Wireless Motion Auto Power
- Package dimensions: 6.8 x 4 x 1.6 inches
- Item weight: 3.36 ounces
- Batteries: 1 lithium ion batteries required
- Effortless to set up by clipping the automobile Bluetooth onto the visor. Thanks to the Built-in motion sensor, it can be auto power on through sensing vehicle shocking when you get in the car.
- Bluetooth V4.1 designed for amazing sound with noise cancellation, HD voice technology as well as stereo speaker.
- The above upgraded speaker can support the Siri connection of Apple with the ability to connect two cell phones via Bluetooth simultaneously while working.
- Automatic working method (Auto Connection, Auto Standby, Auto On) can save the battery life, save energy and protect the environment.
Ranking 1st in the best sellers list in component speakers category and coaxial speakers category could show how high – quality and awesome this product is.
What makes this product special is that it offers a built-in Bluetooth hands-free speaker so I could answer the calls effortlessly. Before, I made use of a Bluetooth earbud, but it drove me crazy because it caused pain and irritation in my inner ear. Hence, when this package was delivered, I instantly changed it up and tried it. To be honest, I was so delighted as finally, I could find out a better alternative for my annoying earbud.
Furthermore, this speaker has equipped a microphone speaker so the caller could hear you. Plus, the sound quality is brilliant. It is well – designed and super lightweight.
- It is a super high – quality and well – designed speaker
- The sound is crystal clear
- The company deliver outstanding customer services
- It is truly hands-free
- I assume that it is not a motion detector as its advertisement.
In general, I couldn’t describe how much I love it. It is my favorite speaker so far.
5. Polk Audio DB6501 6.5 Inch 2 – Way Component System
- Dimensions: 9 x 14.5 x 4.8 inches
- Item weight: 5 pounds
- Batteries: 12V batteries required
- Two – way outboard crossover of Butterworth with electronic tweeter, vented housing protection circuit;
- Its component system has the size of 6.5 inch with a pair each of crossovers, woofers, and tweeters.
- Adaptor rings can make you feel easy as a piece of cake to match the DB 6501 in6 – ¾ inch as well as 6 – ½ inch applications;
- Woofers feature mica/polymer composite cone and the surround made of butyl rubber, coil former of Kapton voice;
- 25mm liquid-cooled polymer composite dome tweeters with neodymium magnet for detailed and clear highs.
Polk’s new 2007 db Series is an outstanding product compared to other models in the Polk product line. With the attractive looks and great sound at prices that make high – quality speaker affordable to everyone, this product attracts a thousand customers each year.
This model is built tough to bear all the toughest environments, so it is highly suitable for use it all types of boat. Furthermore, the 25mm liquid-cooled polymer composite dome tweeter helps to provide detailed and clear highs. Regarding installation, the supplied adaptor rings aid the db6501 to fit both 6 – ¾ inch and 6 – ½ inch applications.
- High power handling and great reliability
- High – output sound and well – designed package
- Lovely price
- It is a bit difficult to install
In short, this product is out of this world. From my own experience, this speaker won my heart as its quality tops other products in the same product line in the market. Plus, in the category of speakers, Polk Audio DB6501 is one of the best seller products on Amazon, so you could put your mind at ease when purchasing this model because it’s a real bargain indeed.
Top 5 Full Range (Coaxial) Mid Range Car Speakers
Full – range car speakers are defined as speakers with high audible frequency range in the limitations assigned by the physical constraints of a particular design. Let take a glance at our top 5 full – range car speakers for your reference.
1. Alpine SPS – 610 6.5 Inch 2 – Way Type – S Series Coaxial Car Speakers
- Dimensions: 2.2 x 5 x 5 inches
- Item weight: 6.8 pounds
- 6.5’’ S Type car speakers
- 240 Watts Peak Power
- 80 Watts RMS Power
Alpine SPS is a nice speaker for the price range, so if you are searching for a budget-friendly car speaker, take a glance at this Alpine model. It took me approximately 30 minutes to install but it’s worth as it delivers fine sound (of course, you couldn’t expect it sound as good as the really expensive ones. But it is pretty good for what it is and its cheap price), pretty darn clear highs and great bass (not too overpowering).
In specific, this product features lightweight polypropylene cones which help to provide proper bass and deliver clear mids. The resilient rubber surrounds to keep the distortion to a minimum and the woofer for appropriate cone movement.
- Great highs bass and mids, sound
- Affordable price
- Take time to install
In general, buy it as its quality and price will not disappoint.
2. New Boss Chaos CH6940 6x9’’ 500 W 4 – Way Car Coaxial Audio Stereo Speakers
- Item weight: 15 pounds
- Wireless remote: No
- Provide 500 Watts of Max Power (pair)
- Impedance: 4 ohms, frequency response: 50Hz – 20 kHz, sensitivity: 92 dB @ 1 Watt/1 Metter
- Features a ½’’ Piezo Tweeters, 1.25’’ high-temperature aluminum voice coil, 1’’ polyimide dome tweeter and 2’’ polyimide cone midrange.
- Constructed of a Poly-Injected Cone with Foam Surround
- Mounting depth: 3.2’’
The quote “you’ll get what you pay for” can’t apply to this product. The Boss Chaos CH6940 speaker can deliver 500 watts at max power, offer loud, crisp sound and deep bass without any distortion. It features 1-inch cone; a red poly injected, a quarter inch, Aluminum and high – temperature voice coil.
At first, the price was the main reason that I bought this product because I was in need of replacing my old speaker. However, I was amazed by the midbass response and sound quality.
However, every garden has its weeds, and the Boss Chaos CH6940 is unexceptional. Installing it from the original hardware was a true incubus for me.
- It performs well
- Able to handle a 1000 watt amplifier
- Budget-friendly price
- It is a bit heavy compared to other speakers in the market
- A bit difficult to install
Overall, it is a nice and affordable speaker. If you are in need of a fine speaker with a tight budget, opting for this product isn’t a bad idea.
3. Autotek ATS653 ATS 3–Way Full Range Speaker, 6.5 Inch
- Dimensions: 5.6 x 5.6 x 2.1 inches
- Item weight: 3.65 pounds
- Impact resistant tweeter elements
- Neo-Mylar soft dome tweeter
- Installation hardware included
- Polypropylene cones
This speaker is available in popular sizes, so it could perfectly fit into the factory speaker locations. It is highly suitable for the very first car of a full restoration. Moreover, it can disappear into the stock speaker locations. Also, the autotek full – range speaker is packed with technology to provide high – quality music. Its sound is clear and crisp, the bass is fine, and it is good for mids.
- It offers great sound at affordable price
- Its sizes are perfectly designed to fit all types of factory speaker locations
- It could easily disappear
- There is nothing to complain
In conclusion, it is miles better than my old speaker. Frankly speaking, this budget product absolutely surpass my expectation.
4. Rockford P1650 6.5 Inch 2 – Way Full Range Euro Fit Compatible Speaker
- Have various sizes: 3.5 inches, 4 inches, 4 x 6 inches, 5 x 7 inches, 5.25 inches, 6 inches, 6 x 8 inches, 6 x 9 inches, 6.5 inches and 6.75 inches.
- Item weight: 5 pounds
- Dimensions: 2.5 x 6.5 x 6.5 inches
- Wireless remote: No
- Depth: 2.5 inches
- Injection molded and filled cone made of polypropylene
- High excursion made of Linear and matched suspension design and motor magnetics
- 0.75’’ treated dome tweeter named PEI with VAST
- Santoprene rubber surround
- FlexFit 2 mounting
- Integrated concealed 12dB/Octave crossover components
- Stamp-cast aluminum frame
- Grilles and mounting hardware included
- 1 year warranty
Rockford P1650 applies the vertical attach surround technique which helps to enlarge the subwoofer’s radiating cone area up to 25%. Also, FlexFit 2 Basket allows for changeable adjustments to the mounting positions, especially for Euro – Fit. Plus, the IIC Crossover (The Integrated Concealed Crossover) conceals the crossover inside the basket, hence, making a cleaner look and trouble-free installation. Especially, Rockford P1650 is verified by Klipped which is a speaker certification program that provides the best possible speakers.
I extremely love this speaker as its sound is fantastic, the price is quite reasonable. The highs are very clear, and the crisp is as good as my premium speakers. Furthermore, it fits right into my car’s existing hole.
- It delivers clear sound and good crisp
- The price is quite affordable
- Easy for installation
- The speakers are heavy; I don’t know whether it is a con or not as many people prefer a heavy speaker as it feels rock solid. However, I’m a big fan of lightweight devices.
- The dome is a bit high
- The grill doesn’t sit flush with the dash; modification is needed
In short, it is one of my favorite speakers. You should give them a try.
5. Crunch CS5768CX Full range Coaxial Car Speaker, 5’’x7’’/6’’x8’’
- Dimensions: 12.1 x 6.2 x 3.1 inches
- Item weight: 2.2 pounds
- Impact resistant soft dome as a tweeter element of neo – Mylar substances for the added reliability and excellent sound quality;
- Silver cones made of alpha – cellulose for the strong musical power along with added resistance to the elements
- Moisture resistant rubber surround with high midbass impact
- Anti-resonant stamped steel basket, so you only hear the music, not the speaker
- Spade speaker terminals for quick installation
When I saw this cheap product on Amazon, I’m quite skeptical about its sound quality because I think the quote “You’ll get what you pay for” is always true in all cases. However, this outstanding product is exceptional, and it truly blew me away.
I think that “which type of speaker could I do with just 20$” so I give this model a try. Luckily, this product is a bargain indeed. From my observation, this sound difference between this 20$ speaker and a $50 set is hardly noticeable at all. It provides crystal sound, the bass sounds good and the highs and mids as well. Most importantly, the price is fairly low compared to other products on the market. There is nothing happier than buying a high – quality but affordable stuff.
- It delivers nice crisp sound without rattle, scraping or breaking
- The bass, mids, and highs sound good
- It’s easy to install
- Good product at a good price
- One of the connectors broke when it’s shipped
In short, I highly recommend this product for those who are searching for an upgrade over stock speaker. Just give it a try, and I’m pretty sure that you will never regret.
How to choose the best mid-range speakers car audio
Turning on the music and listening to it in the car while stuck in traffic is high stress – relieving. Every car owners want to equip brilliant speakers to entertain after long and stressful working hour. However, choosing high – quality speakers isn’t easy – to – do the task, especially for people who have limited knowledge of technology goods. There are a couple of things that you should take them into consideration before buying speakers. But first of all, let get started by understanding thoroughly the definition of mid – range speakers.
What is mid – range speakers?
A mid-range speaker or also called squawker repeats a sound in the mid – range frequency (from 300 Hz to 5000 Hz). This speaker could handle the vital part of vocals and music. Hence, it’s expected to offer a sound without distortion, high obstruction as well as large power control. In general, mid – range speakers have small sizes compared to woofers. The range of this audio operating depends on one speaker driver to another one. As a result, the driver is pretty flexible regarding the crossover points for other speaker drivers.
Things to consider
- Measuring The Mid – range Speaker
Measuring the speaker is highly pivotal for the sake of time – saving and effort – saving. Normally, the speakers on the current market are settled on the car door’s side panel, and their sizes range from 3 inches to 7 inches. It will be better if you remove them first and then measure them.
The mid – range frequency speakers are able to bridge the gap between tweeter and woofer specialties. Nowadays, with the fast-paced development of technology, the mid – range speakers could mostly cover the stereo system’s sound. However, they differ from models to brands.
In relation to the sound quality, speakers with lower impedance tend to possess better sound. Normally, impedance is measured in Ohms (they are usually 2, 4, 6, 8). According to the majority of audio experts, mid – range speakers could generate better sound quality than full – range ones at the same frequencies (the sound is more uncluttered and pure). The reason for the difference in the sound quality between 2 types of the speaker is about their distinct operating systems.
Installation involves the speaker’s size. If the size of your speaker doesn’t fit your car, then you have to spend the time to modify it.
In speakers, power is measured by watts. The higher the watt is, the louder the speaker is. Please noticed that almost factory – installed speakers don’t have much power. High – end audio systems using an amplifier but not all speakers could handle the power of the amp. Hence, keep in mind that going for the suitable amp for the speakers is a key.
The mid – range speakers are not as budget – friendly as the full – range speakers of the same type. Due to the high cost of mid – range speaker systems, manufacturers rarely install them in the factory as it adds the total price of the car. When you opt for mid – range speakers, I bet that you are willing to pay extra money to own a premium audio system. But from my observation, it is a smart investment as you’ll get what you pay for. Invest in a superb audio system and let it takes the rest.
- Your car size
To ensure the speakers will fit your audio system location, remember to collect some crucial information about your factory – installed speakers. Most stores selling the speakers will be capable of looking up the features and specifications for you. So if you provide sufficient information about your vehicle and your old speakers such as the model’s name, the production year,…, it would be more convenient for the shop assistant to provide the most suitable speakers for you.
- Car speaker sensitivity
Each car speaker has its sensitivity. Hence you should know clearly how much power your external amp out. The mid – range speakers having a low level of sensitivity will operate well with high powered external amps.
- Test mid – range speaker
How would you know whether the speaker in front of you is the high – quality one that you are searching for or not? What a specific sound feature you should listen for? By starting to where the rhymes settle, you could track down the mid – range. And of course, sensitive ears are indispensable in this part. For instance, when the loudspeaker accurately hits the mid – range, you ears will decide whether the sound is acceptable or not. Test your speaker through playing your favorite go-to songs.
The first-rate music system couldn’t make the music sound smoothly if it is pumped by low – quality speakers. That is the reason why the majority of car owners prefer purchasing a great superior set of speakers for their vehicles. With the support of my article, your look – for – speaker journey will be shortened as searching for a high – quality, but the budget-friendly speaker will be much easier with our best mid range speakers car audio list. Hopefully, after reading my article, you could find out a premium product that fit your demand and requirement and understand which factors create excellent speakers and how to choose them.
Finally yet importantly, thank you so much for reading this article. Please press the like button if you found this article informative and helpful and comment down below your own experience on how to choose a fine set of speakers. Remember to share this article as good news is worth spread and follow me because I’ll come back with more awesome articles.