Obviously, tires are also the contributing factors to overall look of a car. That’s the reason they need to be carefully taken care as often as other parts. The fact is our regular washing tasks are just enough to get rid of dirt, and keep it clean, but not maintain the new look and prevent them from degrading over time.
So, how to do to keep tires in a good condition? Tire dressings, also known as vinyl dressings, are usually used to renovate, and enhance the appearance of the rubber surfaces. Tire dressing comes in a liquid form that is usually applied to tires after tires are completely washed. Hence, tires can get their great looks as original as they are.
More importantly, the substances contained in the formula of tire dressing can work as a protectant that prevents tires from degrading due to exposure to harmful factors like sun, humidity and salt. The fact is there are numerous products of best tire dressing available out there on the market. This makes us confusing a bit when needing to pick the right one. So, let’s learn more about tire dressing and our following list of top rated tire dressings.
Top 5 Best Tire Dressing on the market
When it comes to shopping tire dressing, there are many different products you'll find both online and off-line. Selecting the perfect and efficient tire shine at an affordable price point is a big deal. Also, we need to choose that one which not harmful to tires and other materials. So that, here, I would like to recommend you the following of top rated tire dressings.
Maintaining the new look for your car tires can’t be greater than this tire shine spray supplied by Car Guys Auto Detailing Company. But, what is the contributing factor that makes it different from others? It is newly PATENTED polymer sealant additives contain in the formula. It adds professionally glossy look on your tire. Furthermore, it helps extend the longevity of the glossy and shiny look. More importantly, it can prevent any sling during your high speeds and keeps it last for a week. Bear in mind, it just works best if your tires are properly cleaned before applying.
What’s more? We all know that excessive heat, humidity, sun exposure, harmful UV rays all contribute to drying, and fading. But, this tire dressing can help you protect your tire from these harmful factors. The next upside coming from this tire dressing is it contains no harmful chemicals. It is friendlier to environment. That’s the reason Car Guys can be confident to guarantee 100% refund for any dissatisfaction from you.
Lastly, this product is a best-selling one at Amazon and highly recommended by plenty of customers. These definitely influence you to make a final purchasing decision.
It comes in 18-ounce size and includes car care kit for wheels and tires.
- Provides long lasting shine on tires
- Provides a layer to protect tire from UV rays and outside harmful elements
- Prevents slings
- Offers 100% refund guarantee for any dissatisfaction
- Needs to wash tires properly before applying
Read customer reviews on Amazon right here.
Black Magic Tire Wet is uniquely formulated, which is aimed to provide the most brilliant shine of any leading tire spray available. This unique blend consists of polymers and high-molecular-weight silicones. When you apply it on your tires, it dries quickly, and then leaves there a super black glossy look. But it is not an oily look. It’s just fine. The thick clinging formula adheres to tires to produce minimal sling. In comparison with its competitors, it can stay on the tires about 3 weeks with not too-often car washing. This means it lasts about 3 times longer than others.
More nicely, it won’t leave behind no white powdery residue after applying. Also, it doesn't stain the driveway. It seems that Black Magic Tire Wet is packed with many great factors that can meet the expectations of any picky users. Furthermore, it doesn’t come with any strong odor that may bother users. Instead, it just contains cherry scent that smells fairly pleasant.
What to note when choosing Black Magic Tire Wet is? You have two options for glossy looks. For a high gloss, just spray, do not rub, but wait for it to naturally dry. For low gloss shine, apply some to a sponge or cloth, and then apply to the tire. It is pretty simple.
- Quick drying after applying
- No sticky feel to touch
- No white powdery residue left or slings
- Has pleasant smell
- Has two options for glossy looks
- Low price
- Lasts up 3 weeks on tires
- Contains silicones that may be less ideal for those who look for water-based products
Read customer reviews on Amazon right here.
First and foremost, this Rubber Care is a high quality Aircraft grade Rubber treatment and conditioner. It meets Boeing Aircraft Specification D6 17487T. That makes its quality is undoubted. However, it can be used as tire dressing for cars. How does it work? When you apply it on your tires, it leaves a beautiful dark black satin. Though, it still takes some time to be completely dried, and then it leaves no greasy look, or sticky feel to touch. This helps itself not accumulate the dirt and soils while driving. This means the tires will stay in natural shine and cleanliness longer.
Also, I won’t turn your tires dark brown after exposure to the sun shortly. Especially, it works excellent on all tires from Aircraft to RV's. What else? The Rubber Care bottle comes in total 16 ounces. This is equal to 16 tires you can do because one ounce is enough for one tire. Though, it is indeed good, it also comes with the downside. It takes longer time to completely dry in comparison with its competitors. This makes it more suitable to be used at home than at car showrooms. For the ideas of using this Rubber Care for their driver-side floor mats, for the safety sake, you are not highly recommended.
- Meets Boeing Aircraft Specification D6 17487T
- Provides satin look that is the same as water-based products
- Prevents tires from cracking, fading and deteriorating
- not accumulate the dirt and soils while driving
- Takes longer time to dry
Read customer reviews on Amazon right here.
TriNova Tire dressing is a water-based pH neutral product. This fact is the reason it provides natural look rather than too-shiny look. Its responsibility is to leave behind a UV coating and keep the tire moist. Hence, it can protect tires from deteriorating signs of aging due to exposure to sun. In addition, it helps repel grime and dirt and keeps itself stay on where it is expected to be longer. According to many feedbacks, the shine can last for 3 weeks after applying TriNova tire dressing.
However, there is one thing to note. That is you have to apply TriNova as suggested instructions. If not, it causes sling. What’s more? It is necessary to compliment a bit on the design of the bottle of TriNova. It comes with an extra-long spray tube to easily reach down into the corner, and easy to use every last drop. Sadly, many feedbacks say that it is a bit pricey. Meanwhile, when comparing it to other best tire dressings, the price of a TriNova 18-ounce bottle is still lower a bit. More importantly, it has helped a lot of users pleased after experiencing.
- Provides natural look
- Protects tires from UV rays
- Repels grime and dirt
- Has long longevity of shine look
- Has ergonomic design of bottle
- Needs to follow the instructions exactly to avoid sling
Read customer reviews on Amazon right here.
For those who are looking for best water-based tire dressing, Duragloss 321 is worth your considering. The formula contains no silicone, a culprit that gradually dries out and discolors your tires. Instead, it just helps restore your original look of tires, leave the UV protection on tires and stay there for a while. In addition to that, the unique formula of Duragloss 321 can enhance the luster without being slippery or greasy. This makes it no reason to attract dust or sling off of tires. It just works pretty fine.
Furthermore, the longevity of the shine lasts fairly long. It stays on even through a hard rain, and high speeds. What else? It is fairly easy to apply. And, it just needs a thin coat to stick to the tires. Additionally, Duragloss 321 is suitable for car leather mats. But, it is better not use for this purpose. It can cause slippery. Lastly, Duragloss 321 comes in 19-ounce bottle with very affordable price.
- Provides long lasting shine
- Creates no greasy look
- Contains no silicone
- Less descriptions on products
Read customer reviews on Amazon right here.
Things to Consider When Choosing Tire Dressing
We all know that tires are in constant contact with the road and suffer from adverse effects of road tar, dirt, grime, water, salt, brake dust, grease and ultra violet radiation ozone, and oxygen. All these factors contribute tires to the high risks of facing cracking, fading, rotting and deteriorating shortly.
Regular maintenance our car tires are necessary to extend their longevity and remain our great overall look of car. Not all tire dressings bring the same look after applying. This leads to the importance of our choosing best tire dressing. So, what things to consider when it comes to shopping tire dressing for tires? Let’s learn the following things:
1. Types of Tire Dressing
There are two types of tire dressings including water-based type and solvent-based type. So, what makes them different from each other?
- Water-Based Dressing: the formula contains natural oils and synthetic polymers and comes in milky-white color. When applying water-based dressing to your tires, the finish it creates is more into natural look than shiny look. More exactly explaining, it helps restore the original look of tire. Along with that, it leaves behind a UV coating and keeps the tire moist, which helps tires well protected during uses. When applying, the texture of water-based dressing also allows itself to face less chance of tire sling and dirt accumulation. Additionally, more natural it is, it is safer to tires and friendlier to environment.
- Solvent-based type: the formula of this type contains silicone, as an alternative to water. The texture is thicker a bit. When applying to tires, it creates a wet, glossy look on tires, which differentiates it from water-based tire dressing. This may cause a dislike from some users. Plus, it is somewhat sticky to touch, making it easier to attract dirt after use.
However, the upside of solvent-based tire dressing is longer lasting shine and standing up better in harsh weather conditions than water-based tire dressing. There is also a downside associated with silicones contained in the formula of solvent-based tire dressing. It can gradually dry out and may discolor rubber. What else? The solvent-based tire dressing contains VOCs that are harmful to environment.
To conclude, almost all tire dressings contains active ingredients. Generally, they are toxic-free and not environmentally concerned. However, it still does harm to tires and environment if it contains too much silicone in the formula. This is what you need to consider.
After knowing the differences between water-based tire dressing and solvent-based tire dressing, you can decide: which finish you are more into: satin look, glossy look or matte look, which is better to your tires, and which provides longer lasting shine on tires.
What Makes A Best Tire Dressing?
The fact is there are plenty of tire dressings available out there on the market. Do all of them work the same on your tires? The answer is no. Sometimes, they do not work as their claims. So, a good tire dressing should have these following features:
- It doesn’t harm to your tires – the formula of tire dressing should contain no harmful components that can damage your tires due to repeated uses. Instead, the compound just repels moisture, oil, and greases. And also, it doesn’t attract dirt, but seal the tiny cracks and dents on tires.
- There is no tire dressing sling – there are many tire dressing cause slings during applying. Though, this may be the fault of impropriate applying process, many cases are caused by the tire dressings used. The compound of tire dressing is too thick, it can be hard for rubbers to completely absorb, which requires your strong scrubbing to get your desire.
- It leaves long lasting shine – it depends on the tire dressings you choose, it can stay on tires anywhere from days to weeks. Some products can stubbornly withstand the harsh conditions like heavy rain, humidity and high speeds, whereas, others may easily lose their shine before you get your next application.
Key Features of Tire Dressing
If you aren’t clear about what a good tire dressing really helps, below are things they focus on:
- Provide a new shine look to tire – constant exposure to sun and ambient conditions makes tires duller and aging with time. This reduces its aesthetic look. But, the texture of tire dressing can help you gain its beautifully aesthetic look by leaving there a new shine look.
- Leaves a protective layer – we all know that UV rays can damage our skins. Just like skins, UV rays are also harmful to your tires. When tires have to sit on direct sunlight too long, or direct heat too long, the rubber will quickly start to dry out, become brittle, crack, and need to be replaced. The tire dressing will provide a “sun cream” to tire, so that, Uv ray can no longer penetrate the rubber.
- Helps prolong the life of tires – the replacement worn car tires usually costs a lot, but using tire dressing can help you save your money on this. That’s because it is enable to help tires reduce the exposure to hazards, and then prolong the life of tires.
Where to Buy Tire Dressing?
This depends on your preference and convenience. Both online stores and physical stores are acceptable. The pros of shopping at auto part stores is you can easily negotiate with the sellers to get some discounts. Meanwhile, online shopping always makes you confusing with the advertisements, but, it is deniable online shopping is more convenient for busy shoppers. If you choose to buy online, so, please carefully read the feedbacks from customers left on the comments at online shopping sites before you choose the right one.
Which Brands To Go for?
Like any other products, there are many brands for tire dressings. When it comes to choosing the brand to go for, you will follow your friend’s recommendation, or the name highly recommended by users, or else? Personally, something that is highly recommended is always good to follow. That means their products are been tested and proven by many users. Certainly, all brands recommended here are good in general.
Choosing Perfect Size of Tire Dressing
Tire dressing comes in different sizes. Most common bottles available out there on the market comes in 16 ounces, whereas, others come in 1-gallon containers. For professional detailers, they tend to buy in bulk to save money. Meanwhile, regular users generally need a limited amount of product that allows them use it up per one application.
What to note here? Bear in mind that, tire dressings create different shine looks. So, to ensure that you won’t end with the look you dislike, it is better to try it out with a smaller size. Especially, when you are going to try new brand that you’ve never used before, the result may be different from the its claim or you’ve already read somewhere.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How does tire dressing work?
Generally, before applying tire dressing, tires are completely washed by a specific soap. This step will get rid of dirt, mug, and grease from tires. And then, let’s do the step of applying tire dressing: it can be sprayed directly on tires or applied to tires with a sponge or applicator. The liquid needs some time to be absorbed completely, depending on certain tire dressing used. Any excess of product should be also wiped off carefully.
- Is tire dressing necessary/ Why use tire dressing?
As we’ve mentioned above, rubber will oxidize and turn brown naturally over time and with exposure to the ambient conditions. The regular cleaning is just enough to get rid of dirt and grease. Meanwhile, the tire’s look will not stay the same as original as it is. When applying tire dressing, it doesn’t only provide a new great shine, it also works as a protectant that prevents tires from potentially deteriorating risks. Furthermore, it helps extend the life of tires, and you are saved money on the replacements too frequently.
- Is tire dressing safe/ Will Tire Dressing Damage Tires?
Mostly, tire dressings are formulated to be toxic-free to both tires and environment, but, still few products available contains high amount of silicone that cause harm to tires. The far-reaching consequences they provide are still low to be much concerned. So, please carefully read the feedbacks from customers and tire dressing reviews before you pick one.
- How long does tire dressing last
After applying, how long the new shine of a tire dressing lasts differently, this depends on certain product. It ranges from days to weeks.
After discussing about tire dressing-related issues, obviously, tire dressing is a must-have in our car maintenance. It brings us many benefits but doesn’t cost too much. Though, it has both pros and cons, the pros still overweight the cons. The fact is today’s tire dressings have been evolved a lot. And, plenty of users have been using them for long. So, you should be concern-free for far-reaching consequences of tire dressings. Hopefully, what we have mentioned and recommended above are helpful in your search and your hunt for best tire dressing.